Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Soarin' Thru SoCal


Guess what?! I'm doing a Ragnar Relay! It's in Southern California April 15th & 16th. I'm very excited about this! I was able to join my friend Leah's team when they had a couple people drop out. Our team name is Soarin' thru SoCal...is that cute or what?!

Basically, I'm on a team of 12 people. We are running 200 miles divided between us over a 24hr period. For my part, I'm running a total of 12.6 miles broken up into 3 legs. I'm runner #11, here are my legs: Leg #11 - 6.0 miles (hard), Leg #23 - 2.4 miles (easy), Leg #35 - 4.2 miles (moderate). Here's a little description of the course:

Starting south of Los Angeles in beautiful Huntington Beach your team of 12 runners will head south down the pacific coast. Along the way you will pass through Anaheim, Carlsbad, Del Mar and La Jolla. The race (and your stamina) will wrap up near San Diego on beautiful Coronado Island.

It sounded so beautiful how could I pass it up?! Plus, it's a great way to celebrate turning 40.

2 comments:

  1. I have so many friends that do this and love it. I'm so impressed that you are in such great shape to do this. I hate running. Take lots of pictures and keep us posted. GO KIM.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow woman! I'm impressed. Running a marathon is something I'll never be able to do, so I have great admiration for anyone who can. It sounds like a beautiful way to run, have fun!

    ReplyDelete