Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adam Ryan Clarkson



Adam turned 7 on Saturday! Sorry to get this up so late...

Our sweet little Adam was born at 6:19am on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at Chandler Regional Hospital. He weighed 9lbs 5oz & was born at 38 weeks, which was the earliest my doctor would induce me at.

We didn't find out what we were having & I just went with the odds & took pink baby clothes & a pink blanket to the hospital. Ryan had to run & exchange them. Hey, after 4 girls I had given up on ever having a boy. I'll never forget the amazing feeling when the Doctor said it's a boy! Squeeeee! I was so happy I even applauded. I think Ryan was in shock. My mom was there, it was 2 months to the day of my dads funeral. I felt like he was there too.

Adam has been entertaining us ever since. He loves to sing. He sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" before he really talked. I remember thinking how funny it was that here this kid can sing Twinkle, Twinkle but doesn't really talk. He also used to hum himself to sleep in his crib, he was the easiest of all our kids to put to sleep because of that.

Adam is the spitting image of his dad Ryan, down to being our only child with brown eyes & brown hair just like his dad. He even has his dad's olive complexion & long tounge that he can touch his nose with. He also has his dad's gentle personality.

Adam loves sports of any kind.

He had so much fun hitting home runs his last yr of tee-ball this past season. It was so cute! He would set a goal of how many home runs he wanted to hit each game. He would it 2 or 3 depending on how many times he got up to bat. He is now looking forward to coach pitch this spring.

He really enjoyed football this past fall too. It was his first time playing. He learned a lot & even scored a few touchdowns. His favorite though was defense & getting the flags of the other players. We had a ball watching all of his games!

This summer he's going to try wrestling.

Adam tries hard to choose the right & be kind to his sisters. He tries to forgive & turn the other cheek.

Adam is always asking questions. I really think Adam's favorite words are what, why, where, when, how, & who. What's the biggest whale? How big is the earth? How many people are on the earth? Why did people in the bible used to live so long? Why can't I have a facebook? The list goes on & on. He loves to learn, read & he's enjoying 1st grade.

We love Adam & are so glad to have him in our family! Oh, one thing I forgot, of course we named him Adam because he was the first boy.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Kim! What a cute boy you have and full of personality just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how did I not know you had a blog? I look forward to checking in. And what a sweet little post about Adam. It totally made me tear up. It reminded me of all my little boys being born--especially the last one. :) And I LOVED the video! The picture of Ryan and Adam dressed alike in their Sunday clothes was precious. This makes me want to get my blog up to date now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the lovely comments!

    Becky & Jan, great to hear from you! I love reading your blogs & keeping up with your wonderful families! *hugs*

    Camille, yes get blogging girl! I have been waiting for you to update & enjoy reading your posts! =)

    ReplyDelete